Saturday, January 26, 2008

Quiet Saturday

At least it stopped raining. It rained all day yesterday and most of the night. Today it was just chilly and overcast. B had to go into the office again and continue to work on the setup stuff while Rob's here to help him out. However, even if it was a bright sunshiny day here in San Francisco I'd only be able to enjoy it from the front stoop. With all the ups and downs of our neighborhood I wouldn't get very far on my crutches.

WOOO HOOOO I've got my three lucky PIF folks! Now to start working on their mystery packages.

Cuddle #1 is almost complete, just a few more rows. I'm doing just a basic alternating knit one purl one stitch it should measure out to about 24ish x 24ish when I'm done. Using double stranded acrylic Aryn and winterblue (almost looks green) on size 10 1/2 needles. This will be a good size for a medium/small dog. This is a great project to keep on the side when you're just looking for something simple to keep your fingers occupied while your watching TV or talking it up with friends at your knitting group. I learned my lesson the hard way about bringing complicated projects to talkative knitting groups. Too easy to loose your place on the chart. I would just bring it to show off my fiber and progress then put it back into its own special bag and go back to my simpler project. This project is also great for scraps. The Cuddle needs to be cushy, but no holes for nails to get tangled within. Many shelters send them on with the pet's who get adopted so they have something of their own so to speak in their new place, so they are always in need one them. If you're interested, check out the Snuggles website for more information on patterns and sizes. You can also join the yahoo group Loves Many Cloths to donate to someone already collecting for their local shelter. If you want to donate to your own shelter you should contact them directly to ensure they accept cuddles or hugs or pet blankets. Many do not, but you could always donate in other ways with money and or time.

Hopefully more pictures soon! B is very protective of his camera.

Back to my Cuddles!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I so feel for you with the foot and crutches........BUT at least it is not Summer...Just terrible though to be so new to the area and have that happen, before you get to finish all of your exploring...Take care and speediness in your recovery...