Friday, January 25, 2008

Just a wee bit of cotton..

That's right.. just a wee bit. That's 4 letter/legal file boxes over flowing with cones and skeins of assorted colors and ombres. Its mostly Peaches & Creme with a few sugar's and Java combos thrown in from some random shopping online. Thus I will be doing a few dishcloths, baby bibs and matching burps and maybe some cotton booties for a while eh? I was thinking of trying out the baby Kimono from the Mason-Dixon knitting book. Have you the reader tried it yet?

I also tried to gather all my acrylic and acrylic blends (worsted weight) to make some cuddles (animal blankets) for one of the ladies on the Loves Many Cloths group. I might try to venture into designing my own cushy pattern for this project. Gotta get some use out of my stitch a day for 365 days. Its a perpetual calendar that I got last year to learn some new stitches.

Brion's office is in the middle of being set up so now he has to be there for the wiring placement and some of the office setup organization and stuff. I was going to be helping out as well but with the lame foot its not possible. Hopefully I'll be able to record their phone greetings and such. He's currently passed out on the couch exhausted from running around for this that and the other with the rest of his tech guys.

Its been raining all day and probably will for the rest of the weekend. I keep reminding myself that at least its not snow. I'm looking forward to brighter weather soon! Especially when the future inlaws come to visit in March.

Still have a few slots left on my Pay It Forward offer. Don't be shy! But please remember, you have to do the same within a specific time period that you set as well.

Back to my knitting!

3 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

What happened to your foot? I have a lame foot this week too, I have no clue why it comes for no reason and then goes without notice several days later.

I got excited when you were talking about all your cotton, I love cotton, but you didn't show a picture. Boo Hoo.

By the way I have a contest on my blog every other month it usually runs all month long and has different prizes, only thing to play is usually posting a comment. Feel free to play, this weeks prize is a free pattern from Rachels site.

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Go ahead and KNITTER UP! You'll love the baby kimono. i've made mine with Peaches and cream cotton as wellas bernat cottontots! Any worsted will do nicely!
Enjoy "Miss Thing". Send me a phot of it so I can oooo and aaaah!

Poker Room Bonus said...

Certainly. I agree with you.