Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It all started when....

Someone's phone started buzzing and woke me up.. I thought my eyes were still closed for a few moments but no, they weren't. It was dark. Early morning dark here in California when someone called one of our phones. I of course assumed it was Brion and that there was some Wikipedia disaster and they forgot we were now on California time, Brion didn't move so I just went back to sleep. Well, kinda, not really a deep sleep because the noise stirred the cats and they started to get restless and make noise and then I started having weird bits of dreams like driving or riding a bike and not being able to keep my eyes open and part of me panicking over it and part of me saying this is a weird dream. So a few restless hours later I rolled out of bed and sweet talked my way into having breakfast and coffee made. I asked Brion about the phone and he said it wasn't his, so it was mine.

Oh dear... Of course I freaked seeing a familiar area code but not a familiar number. Immediately thoughts go to who got hurt and what hospital are they at and can we afford the next flight out and when is the next flight out and we don't know anyone here to watch the cats so Brion might have to stay... All these things racing through my mind as I pick up the phone to get the voicemail that was now left. It was Jean, and she was.. bored. Yep, my sister forgot I was on California time and since I don't have a job yet I'm not getting up at 5 am to go to work. Surprise! Unfortunately by the time I realized I should call her back I knew it was too late and she'd be in bed.. tempting.. but no. She has a teenager who is as we all know specially attuned now to the ringing of any phone in the house and I just didn't want to get something started up over there.

I started knitting on some dishcloths tonight. Some old patterns I found during my favorites cleanup yesterday. One is for my swap partner Dee. Actually I'm just testing the pattern before I commit to the yarn I plan on getting for her dishcloth. If it turns out nice, I'll give it to my future MIL as a hostess gift. I have some basic ones started for one of the ladies at Loves Many Cloths. That reminds me, I've got to finish off the four foot bandage and get that in the mail early next week.

At my new knitting circle - ChickswithSticks at of all places a bar! Wooo Hooo! Knitting, chatting and martinis who could ask for more! I worked on my shrug because its a good talking and knitting project, not like lace work. Which reminds me.. mental note, count number of stitches at end of lacework row each row, not at end of purl row or 3 rows later.

Blog work was adding some buttons and links to free patterns. I haven't ventured out yet into designing my own but I'm certainly thinking about it. Never enough free patterns right? I need to get some other buttons, links and a site meter for the sight.

Hopefully tomorrow there will be a call back for a face to face interview after a phone interview I had today. Keep your fingers crossed it sounded like a good job, close to public transportation (yes!) and its Monday thru Friday 8am to 4pm.

Ta ta for now!

No comments: