Saturday, March 15, 2008

No way....

No way has almost a month gone by with no new blog posts by me. Yikes!

Just goes to show us how fast a day and then a few more days and then a few weeks can fly by while you are keeping yourself busy with all kinds of things like job hunting, improving your word and excel skills, getting hooked on swap-bot.com with all kinds of knitting, crafting and creative writing projects. Then there's that whole reading actual books while trying to avoid the lure of the brain drain to occupy my time.

Other websites to be aware of for the time absorbing capabilities:
  • Pogo.Com
  • Digg.Com
  • Youtube.Com
  • Monster.Com
  • Careerbuilder.com
  • Yahoo Answers
  • Yelp.Com
  • Any blog related to knitting
  • Weightwatchers.Com

So now this list reminds me that I've got some painting to do, learn another new knitting technique, get a job so I can buy some stuff to make soap and candles to sell on Etsy and use in my swap packages. Oh yeah, add Etsy to the list.

I've got to get back to using my daytimer even with the not working yet thing. Using that on a regular basis during my corporate days was such a huge help in showing me that I did have productive days despite the feeling of lost and something left behind at the end of difficult day. I'm trying to get my loving absent minded programmer to consider using one of these now that he's moving up in his field. Its such a fine line with suggestions to a loved one versus you're old days of coaching folks to improve themselves like I used to do in my old call center days. I'm hoping to find a job more Office/Admin related and less strict in bound customer service. I've come across a few interesting opportunities in Craig's List that I'm going to go for so to speak. Some of my skills are a bit rusty but I can get back on the job bandwagon. Eager to learn, mature individual comfortable in high paced environments with internal and external clients of all levels...

Until we meet again....

1 comment:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Swapbot is so darn addictive, isn't it?!? I still remember when a friend suggested it when I was interested in finding some swaps. Maybe we'll run into each other there!

Anyway... a fellow knitter in CA is always fun to find. Keep up the wonderful knitting!